Guideline for offerers of technical Innovations and product ideas
Numerous technical innovations are offered to us. To protect the interests of the party submitting the offer as well as those of our company, the handling of such offers shall be guided by the following rules:
1. In principle we can only evaluate the innovation offered to us if made in sufficient technical detail and provided they are the subject of an application for an industrial property right. This will create a sound basis for possible subsequent negotiations and the determination for the mutual rights; in particular in case our company is engaged in activities which cover the subject of the innovation offered.
2. In exceptional cases we are prepared to evaluate also those innovations that are not subject to an application for an industrial property right, provided the party making the offer bears the risks that may emanate therefrom for the establishment of his or her own rights. Of course, we assure you that the rights will not subrogate to us just with the offer (especially licensing rights).
3. Proposals received will be submitted to the competent technical departments within the fischer-Group for evaluation. We will use the material submitted to us exclusively for examination of the offer submitted. While such offers will be treated with the same care we normally exercise with our own business materials we cannot assume any further liability.
4. Evaluation of and response to such offers shall be as prompt as possible in the normal course of business. Considering the great number of offers received by us, the offering party should keep in mind that the evaluation requires a certain period of time which, however, does not exceed four or six weeks as a rule.
5. Should we determine not to make use of an offer, we normally do not state the reason for our decision. Any negative decision may well be due to internal business considerations and should not be seen as a judgement as to the value of an offer.
6. Please note that the fischer- group might develop internally innovations similar or identical with the offer independently from it, or request or receive information on such innovations from other parties.
fischer Innovation Management
fischerwerke GmbH & Co. KG